I want this cupcake stand! =)
My birthday was late July and I turned 30!
I thought this was a cute and clever gift:
No…I don’t really believe it, but it did give me a laugh!
Here is a different perspective of turning 30… Michael Moniz’s 30 reasons why turning 30 rocks, from his website Living Life Out Loud:
- I get to check a new age group box on forms.
- I get to say, “I remember when I was in my 20s”.
- It is a milestone birthday.
- It is more exciting to say “I am 30″ than “I am 29 or 31″
- More exciting to blog for a week about your 30th birthday.
- I get 10 years to prepare for turning 40.
- I get to take the time to look at a new vision for my 30s.
- I have stopped trying to find myself and started creating myself.
- I get to start anew in my new age range.
- I have great experiences from my past and so now I get to add new ones!
- I can celebrate BIG for this birthday.
- I have years to get use to being called sir.
- When I get carded it is a compliment instead of them not thinking I am old enough.
- All the life lessons I learned in my 20s, I can now apply to my life.
- Don’t have to worry about being 30 because I just AM.
- Get to read all the self help books about surviving your 30’s and nod in agreement with them.
- Do not have to do it alone since many of my friends and my niece are turning 30 with me.
- A major birthday like 30 means better presents!
- If I have learn nothing else from Desperate Housewives, 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20.
- People naturally take you more seriously when you are in your 30s.
- You get to smile when people can not believe you are 30.
- No longer have to struggle to be an adult because you have years of practice.
- 5 more years and I can be president.
- Instead of stressing about acne, I can stress about wrinkles and white hair.
- When I was younger 30 was OLD, now I feel 30 is young.
- Don’t I wait for Santa to bring me a wii, I can go get my own.
- I maybe turning 30 but I will still always be the youngest in my family.
- Turning 30 makes you appreciate your 20’s and look forward to your 40s.
- There is only on option to not turning 30, that is death. I say, “Welcome 30!”
- Like the Christina song, “Keeps Getting Better”
It has almost been a month since my last post.
It’s been too long!
I may not be updating this every day like I had been, but I will be better than once a month! =)
Wow…I’m working full-time and my blog goes by the wayside! Argh! Two days without a post! I’ll make up for it today! =)
My first three days have gone smoothly, except for one major bump.
I am trying to fill in some big shoes. The previous teacher (who went on maternity leave) was well-loved and every day, kids say that they miss her.
The kids are great! Couldn’t ask for a better group! One class even asked me if they were going to put my name on the door like all the other teachers. I said they wouldn’t do that for a long-term sub, so they created a paper sign to put on the door with flowers and everything! I felt very welcomed!
My big mistake? Well…I lost my keys. One of my classes that I’m just supervising is ASB, but I’m the only one with a key to their closet down the hall. The kids had the privilege of taking the keys from the previous teacher’s desk drawer and go to the closet if the ASB President (and teacher) let them. Yesterday, one of the kids took the keys to the closet and never brought them back to me. I’m sure the student happened to put the keys in their pocket while they got whatever they needed and forgot to give them back to me. Do I know who this student is? No. 😦
ARGH!!! Two days in and I’ve lost a set of keys?!?! I taught for seven years previously and never lost my keys. But do I have to do it now? If they aren’t returned tomorrow, they will be changing the locks.
I think I’m going to use a ball and chain for my keys! =)
Update: One of the girls did put it in her pocket and took them home. I didn’t get them back for two days because she was sick with the flu! But, now they are safe and sound in my possession! =)
This blog’s purpose is mostly for myself…a place to keep some fun activities, ideas, and items that I may want to do or purchase in the future in an organized fashion. But I also wanted to share them if anyone else was interested. 🙂 Enjoy!