My birthday was late July and I turned 30!
I thought this was a cute and clever gift:
No…I don’t really believe it, but it did give me a laugh!
Here is a different perspective of turning 30… Michael Moniz’s 30 reasons why turning 30 rocks, from his website Living Life Out Loud:
- I get to check a new age group box on forms.
- I get to say, “I remember when I was in my 20s”.
- It is a milestone birthday.
- It is more exciting to say “I am 30″ than “I am 29 or 31″
- More exciting to blog for a week about your 30th birthday.
- I get 10 years to prepare for turning 40.
- I get to take the time to look at a new vision for my 30s.
- I have stopped trying to find myself and started creating myself.
- I get to start anew in my new age range.
- I have great experiences from my past and so now I get to add new ones!
- I can celebrate BIG for this birthday.
- I have years to get use to being called sir.
- When I get carded it is a compliment instead of them not thinking I am old enough.
- All the life lessons I learned in my 20s, I can now apply to my life.
- Don’t have to worry about being 30 because I just AM.
- Get to read all the self help books about surviving your 30’s and nod in agreement with them.
- Do not have to do it alone since many of my friends and my niece are turning 30 with me.
- A major birthday like 30 means better presents!
- If I have learn nothing else from Desperate Housewives, 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20.
- People naturally take you more seriously when you are in your 30s.
- You get to smile when people can not believe you are 30.
- No longer have to struggle to be an adult because you have years of practice.
- 5 more years and I can be president.
- Instead of stressing about acne, I can stress about wrinkles and white hair.
- When I was younger 30 was OLD, now I feel 30 is young.
- Don’t I wait for Santa to bring me a wii, I can go get my own.
- I maybe turning 30 but I will still always be the youngest in my family.
- Turning 30 makes you appreciate your 20’s and look forward to your 40s.
- There is only on option to not turning 30, that is death. I say, “Welcome 30!”
- Like the Christina song, “Keeps Getting Better”