My Sunshine Cake for Easter came out AMAZING!!!
Here is the recipe. I used the one from The Pioneer Woman, but made a few changes.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup margarine (softened)
- 1 can (14 oz. can) mandarin oranges, drained, 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 teaspoons almond extract
Combine cake mix, margarine, 1/2 cup juice from the mandarin oranges, eggs, and almond extract. Beat for four minutes on medium-high. Add drained oranges and beat again until pieces are broken up and small. Bake in a greased 9×13 at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- 1 package (1.4? oz. box) cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 1 can (20 oz. can) crushed pineapple, all juice reserved
- 1/2 cup to 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- extra mandarin orange slices, maraschino cherries, green icing; for garnish
Blend juice from drained pineapples with the vanilla pudding mix. Add powdered sugar and mix. If you are making a 9×13, use only 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. If you are making two round cakes and stacking them, use more powdered sugar to hold the cakes together and to prevent the frosting from sliding off the sides. Then mix in whipped topping. Stir in drained pineapple. Spread on cooled cake and refrigerate several hours.